Sunday, September 2, 2012

Dinner

OK.  That worked really well, to post dinner plans for last week.  I didn't actually follow it to the letter--we did the old stand-by of spaghetti and meatballs because I was too busy doing a preschool craft, but we didn't do fast food, so hooray!  (Except the planned Panda Express.)  The Cafe Rio pulled pork in the crock-pot was divine!  (I had to use Red Creme Soda, so it was a little sweet, but still to-drool-over good.  I added a little black pepper and Lawrys season salt at the end.)

Here's this week's plan.

Monday: Leftovers (we still have quite a few)
Tuesday:  Shepherd's Pie
Wednesday:  Chicken Quesadillas

8 oz softened cream cheese
8 oz sour cream
(Cream together then add...)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 sm diced onion
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
(Mix well, set aside half.  To first half add...)
1 (4oz) can of mild diced green chilies
1 can chopped olives
1 (4oz) can mushrooms (optional)
5-6 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cubed or shredded (she used canned chicken)
(Also need tortillas and 4-6 cups shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese)
Spread the bottom of the pan with the set-apart soup mixture. Place a scoop of the other mixture with a spoonful of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese into tortillas, roll and place in pan.  Top with remaining soup mixture.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 350 for 45 minutes. Cover with 'tented' foil for the first 30.

I was under the impression that the above recipe was TUNA--huh.  Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much-- it was chicken.  I guess I'd better call my sister.

Thurs: leftovers
Fri:    Crock pot mac and cheese, pigs in a blanket. (Didn't make it last week)
Sat: Kid party--build your own nachos
Sun: Marinated beef (Korean), rice, won-tons

Last week I was able to can the peaches with my fun sis-in-law Erin, I went to the gym twice, and I mopped the kitchen floor!

My goals for this week are to continue to offer 3 fruit/veggie choices at each dinner, go to the gym at least Tuesday and Thursday, make one healthy alternative snack, and to shampoo the upstairs carpets.

2 comments:

Shennie said...

where's the kimchi?
And who has time to shampoo the carpet?!

Kristen said...

Good heavens. You really are amazing if you get all of that done and don't lose a kidlet.