Saturday, April 14, 2012

Little P











Little P

Handsome Prince and I invited Little P to go on a date with us this week.  We told her we'd do whatever she wanted to do; she chose ice skating.

On her birthday last month, we went skating with some friends.  It was Little P's first time, and she just got on the ice and skated.   She had been roller-blading enough, I guess...




Anyway, I had taken people to the rink quite a few times, but I hadn't skated since I was a kid.  I had to hold the wall the first time around, but then I got my skating legs and I did it!  Totally the coolest thing ever!  I was such a PERSON!

Little P showed us her jumping and twirling skills.  What a cutie!  She is amazing with her physical abilities.  And it was so fun to have her alone.  We made a big deal about how much we love her and how special she is to us, etc...(She sometimes gets lost in the shuffle of being one of the middle children, and really needed a princess treatment.)






Awesomely fun night!  As we walked through the dark parking lot, I kept saying things like, "Man!  Did you see me when I did that triple-spin-flip!?!   I was so awesome!"

She'd say, "Really, Mom?"

I'd go, "No.  Just kidding...But did you see that back flip I did over those two kids!?!  It was amazing!"

Again, "You did?  Really, Mom?"

Me, "Nah, I'm pulling your leg...But I DID do that fancy-dancy spinning thing where I was so fast no one could even see me.  It was like Dash in 'The Incredibles!'"

"MMMOOOMMMM!"



Man, I just love that kid!  Her daddy is pretty hot, too.  Of course he could skate without the wall on the first try.  But then, he hasn't given birth eight times since the last time he laced up, so, whatever.

On the way home, we stopped for ice cream and got conned into buying her a Happy Meal.  That way she could walk in the door with ice cream, food, soda, and a prize.  NO FAIR!!!  Plus, it was super late--9:30--way past her bedtime!

Wish I had some pictures.  (This isn't us.)
Dear Little P, some day maybe you'll read this, and I just hope you always know that your Daddy and I love you so much it hurts!  You are such a blessing to our family--there's no one like you in the whole world!
It's so fun to watch you learn and grow.  We're honored to be your parents!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to teach the Snowplow Sam class at the rink, so next time I come, we'll have to go skating and I'll teach her a few fun tricks! I'm always up for a day at the rink!!