Mr. Lamadingdong (hereafter referred to as Mr. L) is the middle child, and thus sometimes under-appreciated.
Since joining scouts on his birthday last September, he has earned his Tenderfoot rank; Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the Community, Family Life, Personal Fitness, Collections, and Coin Collecting Merit Badges.
Seriously, SIX Merit Badges!
He's also been busy earning the Great American Challenge award--he finally earned it yesterday.
To do this, he must:
1. Recite the Gettysburg Address
2. Recite the names of the 44 American Presidents in order by date office was held (he can do it so quickly that it makes my head spin!)
3. Locate and spell correctly the States and Capitals on a map.
4. Recite or sing the National Anthem, "The Star Spangled Banner"
5. Recite the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States
6. Write the Pledge of Allegiance
This is spectacularly amazing!!! But, he's the middle child, so...
Mr. L, we are so proud of you! That was a lot of stuff to memorize!
He also participated in the Hope of America program that was staged in the Marriot Center at BYU with all of the 5th-graders in the area. It was a patriotic program, and their T-shirts were colored to make a human flag.
The entire stadium was filled, and our favorite part was when they were doing the wave.
Mr. L has had a great school year with an amazing teacher. But more than that, he is self-motivated, a hard worker, a good friend and brother.
I can't imagine life without him!